09 Mar 2018
Research article | 09 Mar 2018
Calcification in a marginal sea – influence of seawater [Ca2+] and carbonate chemistry on bivalve shell formation
Jörn Thomsen et al.
Total article views: 2,772 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 06 Sep 2017)Views and downloads (calculated since 06 Sep 2017)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,536 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,529 with geography defined and 7 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,838 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,834 with geography defined and 4 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 698 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 695 with geography defined and 3 with unknown origin.
17 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Salinity Driven Selection and Local Adaptation in Baltic Sea Mytilid Mussels L. Knöbel et al. 10.3389/fmars.2021.692078
- Ocean Acidification Triggers Cell Signaling, Suppress Immune and Calcification in the Pacific Oyster Larvae R. Dineshram et al. 10.3389/fmars.2021.782583
- Mineralogical and geochemical composition of CaCO3 skeletons secreted by benthic invertebrates from the brackish Baltic Sea A. Piwoni-Piórewicz et al. 10.1016/j.ecss.2022.107808
- The stars are out: Predicting the effect of seawater freshening on the ecological impact of a sea star keystone predator J. Dickey et al. 10.1016/j.ecolind.2021.108293
- Biomineralization plasticity and environmental heterogeneity predict geographical resilience patterns of foundation species to future change L. Telesca et al. 10.1111/gcb.14758
- Ocean acidification as a multiple driver: how interactions between changing seawater carbonate parameters affect marine life C. Hurd et al. 10.1071/MF19267
- Monitoring biofouling as a management tool for reducing toxic antifouling practices in the Baltic Sea A. Wrange et al. 10.1016/j.jenvman.2020.110447
- Intraspecific hybridization as a mitigation strategy of low salinity in marine bivalve noble scallop Chlamys nobilis K. Tan et al. 10.1016/j.aquaculture.2022.738037
- The combined effects of salinity and pH on shell biomineralization of the edible mussel Mytilus chilensis C. Grenier et al. 10.1016/j.envpol.2020.114555
- Decoupling salinity and carbonate chemistry: low calcium ion concentration rather than salinity limits calcification in Baltic Sea mussels T. Sanders et al. 10.5194/bg-18-2573-2021
- Impaired larval development at low salinities could limit the spread of the non-native crab Hemigrapsus takanoi in the Baltic Sea O. Nour et al. 10.3354/ab00743
- Ocean acidification and dynamic energy budget models: Parameterisation and simulations for the green-lipped mussel J. Ren et al. 10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2020.109069
- An Integrated Screen-Printed Potentiometric Strip for Determination of Ca2+ in Seawater T. Yin et al. 10.1149/2.0251908jes
- Integrity of benthic assemblages along the arctic estuarine-coastal system A. Udalov et al. 10.1016/j.ecolind.2020.107115
- High Calcification Costs Limit Mussel Growth at Low Salinity T. Sanders et al. 10.3389/fmars.2018.00352
- Kelp detritus: Unutilized productivity or an unacknowledged trophic resource? M. Walton et al. 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.153191
- Deciphering mollusc shell production: the roles of genetic mechanisms through to ecology, aquaculture and biomimetics M. Clark et al. 10.1111/brv.12640
Latest update: 28 Sep 2022