Calcification in a marginal sea – influence of seawater [Ca2+] and carbonate chemistry on bivalve shell formation
Total article views: 3,274 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 06 Sep 2017)Views and downloads (calculated since 06 Sep 2017)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 3,274 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 3,026 with geography defined and 248 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 2,514 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,302 with geography defined and 212 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 760 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 724 with geography defined and 36 with unknown origin.
20 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Salinity Driven Selection and Local Adaptation in Baltic Sea Mytilid Mussels L. Knöbel et al. 10.3389/fmars.2021.692078
- Ocean Acidification Triggers Cell Signaling, Suppress Immune and Calcification in the Pacific Oyster Larvae R. Dineshram et al. 10.3389/fmars.2021.782583
- Mineralogical and geochemical composition of CaCO3 skeletons secreted by benthic invertebrates from the brackish Baltic Sea A. Piwoni-Piórewicz et al. 10.1016/j.ecss.2022.107808
- The stars are out: Predicting the effect of seawater freshening on the ecological impact of a sea star keystone predator J. Dickey et al. 10.1016/j.ecolind.2021.108293
- Biomineralization plasticity and environmental heterogeneity predict geographical resilience patterns of foundation species to future change L. Telesca et al. 10.1111/gcb.14758
- Ocean acidification as a multiple driver: how interactions between changing seawater carbonate parameters affect marine life C. Hurd et al. 10.1071/MF19267
- Monitoring biofouling as a management tool for reducing toxic antifouling practices in the Baltic Sea A. Wrange et al. 10.1016/j.jenvman.2020.110447
- Intraspecific hybridization as a mitigation strategy of low salinity in marine bivalve noble scallop Chlamys nobilis K. Tan et al. 10.1016/j.aquaculture.2022.738037
- The combined effects of salinity and pH on shell biomineralization of the edible mussel Mytilus chilensis C. Grenier et al. 10.1016/j.envpol.2020.114555
- Decoupling salinity and carbonate chemistry: low calcium ion concentration rather than salinity limits calcification in Baltic Sea mussels T. Sanders et al. 10.5194/bg-18-2573-2021
- Impaired larval development at low salinities could limit the spread of the non-native crab Hemigrapsus takanoi in the Baltic Sea O. Nour et al. 10.3354/ab00743
- Ocean acidification and dynamic energy budget models: Parameterisation and simulations for the green-lipped mussel J. Ren et al. 10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2020.109069
- Integrated Assessment of CO2-Induced Acidification Lethal and Sub-Lethal Effects on Tropical Mussels Perna perna L. Souza et al. 10.3390/app13127199
- Polymorphism of CaCO3 and the variability of elemental composition of the calcareous skeletons secreted by invertebrates along the salinity gradient of the Baltic Sea A. Piwoni‐Piórewicz et al. 10.1111/gbi.12496
- Freshening and warming may restrict dispersal of Hemigrapsus takanoi into the Baltic Proper due to interactive effects on larval survival and feeding O. Nour et al. 10.1007/s00227-022-04112-0
- An Integrated Screen-Printed Potentiometric Strip for Determination of Ca2+ in Seawater T. Yin et al. 10.1149/2.0251908jes
- Integrity of benthic assemblages along the arctic estuarine-coastal system A. Udalov et al. 10.1016/j.ecolind.2020.107115
- High Calcification Costs Limit Mussel Growth at Low Salinity T. Sanders et al. 10.3389/fmars.2018.00352
- Kelp detritus: Unutilized productivity or an unacknowledged trophic resource? M. Walton et al. 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.153191
- Deciphering mollusc shell production: the roles of genetic mechanisms through to ecology, aquaculture and biomimetics M. Clark et al. 10.1111/brv.12640
Latest update: 08 Dec 2023