16 May 2018
Research article | 16 May 2018
Nitrogen cycling in Sandusky Bay, Lake Erie: oscillations between strong and weak export and implications for harmful algal blooms
Kateri R. Salk et al.
Total article views: 2,793 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 16 Jan 2018)Views and downloads (calculated since 16 Jan 2018)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,546 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,540 with geography defined and 6 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,881 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,877 with geography defined and 4 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 665 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 663 with geography defined and 2 with unknown origin.
21 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Nitrous oxide in the Great Lakes: insights from two trophic extremes K. Salk & N. Ostrom 10.1007/s10533-019-00583-4
- Bloom and bust: Historical trends of harmful algal blooms in Muskegon Lake, Michigan, a Great Lakes estuary J. Mancuso et al. 10.1086/716236
- Biological stoichiometry and growth dynamics of a diazotrophic cyanobacteria in nitrogen sufficient and deficient conditions F. Osburn et al. 10.1016/j.hal.2021.102011
- Water quality characteristics and modeling of Tasik Aman, USM, Penang Z. Munirah et al. 10.1088/1755-1315/711/1/012006
- Assessment of nitrogen fixation rates in the Laurentian Great Lakes K. Natwora & C. Sheik 10.1016/j.jglr.2021.07.005
- Seasonal and Spatial Variation in the Location and Reactivity of a Nitrate‐Contaminated Groundwater Discharge Zone in a Lakebed R. Smith et al. 10.1029/2018JG004635
- Exploring bacterial pathogen community dynamics in freshwater beach sediments: A tale of two lakes D. VanMensel et al. 10.1111/1462-2920.14860
- Roles of Nutrient Limitation on Western Lake Erie CyanoHAB Toxin Production M. Barnard et al. 10.3390/toxins13010047
- Isolation and Characterization of Rhizophydiales (Chytridiomycota), Obligate Parasites of Planktothrix agardhii in a Laurentian Great Lakes Embayment K. McKindles et al. 10.1128/AEM.02308-20
- Identifying the Mechanisms behind the Positive Feedback Loop between Nitrogen Cycling and Algal Blooms in a Shallow Eutrophic Lake Y. Yao et al. 10.3390/w13040524
- Transitions in microbial communities along a 1600 km freshwater trophic gradient M. Rozmarynowycz et al. 10.1016/j.jglr.2019.01.004
- Evaluating sediments as an ecosystem service in western Lake Erie via quantification of nutrient cycling pathways and selected gene abundances A. Boedecker et al. 10.1016/j.jglr.2020.04.010
- Environmental factors affecting chytrid (Chytridiomycota) infection rates on Planktothrix agardhii K. McKindles et al. 10.1093/plankt/fbab058
- Elucidating controls on cyanobacteria bloom timing and intensity via Bayesian mechanistic modeling D. Del Giudice et al. 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.142487
- Interactions between nitrogen form, loading rate, and light intensity on Microcystis and Planktothrix growth and microcystin production J. Chaffin et al. 10.1016/j.hal.2018.02.001
- The Laurentian Great Lakes: A Biogeochemical Test Bed R. Sterner 10.1146/annurev-earth-071420-051746
- Enhanced nitrate reduction in water by a combined bio-electrochemical system of microbial fuel cells and submerged aquatic plant Ceratophyllum demersum P. Xu et al. 10.1016/j.jes.2018.11.013
- Carbon and nitrogen recycling during cyanoHABs in dreissenid-invaded and non-invaded US midwestern lakes and reservoirs T. Hamilton et al. 10.1007/s10750-019-04157-1
- Ammonium recycling supports toxic Planktothrix blooms in Sandusky Bay, Lake Erie: Evidence from stable isotope and metatranscriptome data J. Hampel et al. 10.1016/j.hal.2018.11.011
- A Hybrid Lagrangian–Eulerian Particle Model for Ecosystem Simulation P. Xue et al. 10.3390/jmse6040109
- Alteration of dominant cyanobacteria in different bloom periods caused by abiotic factors and species interactions Z. Zhang et al. 10.1016/j.jes.2020.06.001
Discussed (final revised paper)
Latest update: 28 Sep 2022