24 May 2018
Research article | 24 May 2018
N and P as ultimate and proximate limiting nutrients in the northern Gulf of Mexico: implications for hypoxia reduction strategies
Katja Fennel and Arnaud Laurent
Total article views: 3,818 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 06 Nov 2017)Views and downloads (calculated since 06 Nov 2017)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 3,420 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 3,408 with geography defined and 12 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 2,788 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,782 with geography defined and 6 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 632 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 626 with geography defined and 6 with unknown origin.
21 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Small‐Scale Variability of Bottom Oxygen in the Northern Gulf of Mexico V. Ruiz Xomchuk et al. 10.1029/2020JC016279
- Inter-model comparison of simulated Gulf of Mexico hypoxia in response to reduced nutrient loads: Effects of phytoplankton and organic matter parameterization B. Jarvis et al. 10.1016/j.envsoft.2022.105365
- Seasonal and Interannual Variability of Areal Extent of the Gulf of Mexico Hypoxia from a Coupled Physical‐Biogeochemical Model: A New Implication for Management Practice Y. Feng et al. 10.1029/2018JG004745
- Effects of native leaf litter amendments on phosphorus mineralization in temperate floodplain soils M. Arenberg & Y. Arai 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2020.129210
- A numerical model study of the main factors contributing to hypoxia and its interannual and short-term variability in the East China Sea H. Zhang et al. 10.5194/bg-17-5745-2020
- Bayesian mechanistic modeling characterizes Gulf of Mexico hypoxia: 1968–2016 and future scenarios D. Del Giudice et al. 10.1002/eap.2032
- Modeling Spatiotemporal Patterns of Ecosystem Metabolism and Organic Carbon Dynamics Affecting Hypoxia on the Louisiana Continental Shelf B. Jarvis et al. 10.1029/2019JC015630
- Reversing impact of phytoplankton phosphorus limitation on coastal hypoxia due to interacting changes in surface production and shoreward bottom oxygen influx L. Yu & J. Gan 10.1016/j.watres.2022.118094
- Time-Evolving, Spatially Explicit Forecasts of the Northern Gulf of Mexico Hypoxic Zone A. Laurent & K. Fennel 10.1021/acs.est.9b05790
- Simulating algal dynamics within a Bayesian framework to evaluate controls on estuary productivity A. Katin et al. 10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2021.109497
- Simulated Global Coastal Ecosystem Responses to a Half‐Century Increase in River Nitrogen Loads X. Liu et al. 10.1029/2021GL094367
- Interactive impacts of meteorological and hydrological conditions on the physical and biogeochemical structure of a coastal system O. Kerimoglu et al. 10.5194/bg-17-5097-2020
- Quantifying the Relative Importance of Riverine and Open‐Ocean Nitrogen Sources for Hypoxia Formation in the Northern Gulf of Mexico F. Große et al. 10.1029/2019JC015230
- Evaluating Uncertainties in Reconstructing the Pre-eutrophic State of the North Sea C. Stegert et al. 10.3389/fmars.2021.637483
- Water Oxygen Consumption Rather Than Sediment Oxygen Consumption Drives the Variation of Hypoxia on the East China Sea Shelf Q. Meng et al. 10.1029/2021JG006705
- Fusion-Based Hypoxia Estimates: Combining Geostatistical and Mechanistic Models of Dissolved Oxygen Variability V. Matli et al. 10.1021/acs.est.0c03655
- Advancing Marine Biogeochemical and Ecosystem Reanalyses and Forecasts as Tools for Monitoring and Managing Ecosystem Health K. Fennel et al. 10.3389/fmars.2019.00089
- Physical and Biogeochemical Controls on pH Dynamics in the Northern Gulf of Mexico During Summer Hypoxia Z. Jiang et al. 10.1029/2019JC015140
- Biogeochemical Controls on Coastal Hypoxia K. Fennel & J. Testa 10.1146/annurev-marine-010318-095138
- Lateral advection supports nitrogen export in the oligotrophic open-ocean Gulf of Mexico T. Kelly et al. 10.1038/s41467-021-23678-9
- Seasonal patterns in phytoplankton biomass across the northern and deep Gulf of Mexico: a numerical model study F. Gomez et al. 10.5194/bg-15-3561-2018
Latest update: 20 Sep 2022