Articles | Volume 15, issue 1
© Author(s) 2018. This work is distributed underthe Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
Impacts of the seasonal distribution of rainfall on vegetation productivity across the Sahel
Total article views: 3,213 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 21 Aug 2017)Views and downloads (calculated since 21 Aug 2017)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 3,213 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,997 with geography defined and 216 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 2,753 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,551 with geography defined and 202 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 460 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 446 with geography defined and 14 with unknown origin.
27 citations as recorded by crossref.
- From woody cover to woody canopies: How Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 data advance the mapping of woody plants in savannas W. Zhang et al. 10.1016/j.rse.2019.111465
- Improving the representation of high-latitude vegetation distribution in dynamic global vegetation models P. Horvath et al. 10.5194/bg-18-95-2021
- Applications of interannual-to-decadal climate prediction: An exploratory discussion on rainfall in the Sahel region of Africa N. Ward & D. Conway 10.1016/j.cliser.2020.100170
- Modeling Community-Scale Natural Resource Use in a Transboundary Southern African Landscape: Integrating Remote Sensing and Participatory Mapping K. Woodward et al. 10.3390/rs13040631
- Earth Observation-Based Detectability of the Effects of Land Management Programmes to Counter Land Degradation: A Case Study from the Highlands of the Ethiopian Plateau E. Barvels & R. Fensholt 10.3390/rs13071297
- Contrasting responses of woody and herbaceous vegetation to altered rainfall characteristics in the Sahel W. Verbruggen et al. 10.5194/bg-18-77-2021
- The forgotten land use class: Mapping of fallow fields across the Sahel using Sentinel-2 X. Tong et al. 10.1016/j.rse.2019.111598
- High photosynthetic capacity of Sahelian C3 and C4 plants T. Sibret et al. 10.1007/s11120-020-00801-3
- Rainfall seasonality effects on vegetation greenness in different ecological zones A. Ayanlade et al. 10.1016/j.envc.2021.100144
- Light and low-intensity rainfalls: A review of their classification, occurrence, and importance in landsurface, ecological and environmental processes D. Dunkerley 10.1016/j.earscirev.2021.103529
- Simulation of Vegetation Cover Based on the Theory of Ecohydrological Optimality in the Yongding River Watershed, China Y. Zhang et al. 10.3390/f12101377
- The human–environment nexus and vegetation–rainfall sensitivity in tropical drylands C. Abel et al. 10.1038/s41893-020-00597-z
- The impact of dataset selection on land degradation assessment A. Burrell et al. 10.1016/j.isprsjprs.2018.08.017
- Does grazing cause land degradation? Evidence from the sandy Ferlo in Northern Senegal K. Rasmussen et al. 10.1002/ldr.3170
- Towards improved remote sensing based monitoring of dryland ecosystem functioning using sequential linear regression slopes (SeRGS) C. Abel et al. 10.1016/j.rse.2019.02.010
- Demarcating the rainfed unproductive zones in the African Sahel and Great Green Wall regions N. Elagib et al. 10.1002/ldr.3793
- Relationship between multi-scale climate factors and performance of ecological engineering on the Loess Plateau, China P. He et al. 10.1007/s11676-021-01343-7
- Beyond livestock carrying capacity in the Sahelian and Sudanian zones of West Africa J. Rahimi et al. 10.1038/s41598-021-01706-4
- Ecosystem structural changes controlled by altered rainfall climatology in tropical savannas W. Zhang et al. 10.1038/s41467-019-08602-6
- Conceptual Links between Landscape Diversity and Diet Diversity: A Roadmap for Transdisciplinary Research S. Gergel et al. 10.1093/biosci/biaa048
- Impact of temporal precipitation variability on ecosystem productivity J. Liu et al. 10.1002/wat2.1481
- Differential household vulnerability to climatic and non-climatic stressors in semi-arid areas of Mali, West Africa A. Segnon et al. 10.1080/17565529.2020.1855097
- Spatial and Temporal Changes in the Normalized Difference Vegetation Index and Their Driving Factors in the Desert/Grassland Biome Transition Zone of the Sahel Region of Africa S. Wu et al. 10.3390/rs12244119
- Contributions of Seasonal Rainfall to Recent Trends in Cameroon’s Cotton Yields I. Njouenwet et al. 10.3390/su132112086
- Bioenergy and ecosystem services trade-offs and synergies in marginal agricultural lands: A remote-sensing-based assessment method D. Longato et al. 10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.117672
- Rainfall seasonality and timing: implications for cereal crop production in Ethiopia M. Wakjira et al. 10.1016/j.agrformet.2021.108633
- Characterizing vegetation response to rainfall at multiple temporal scales in the Sahel-Sudano-Guinean region using transfer function analysis J. Zhou et al. 10.1016/j.rse.2020.112108
Latest update: 30 May 2023