02 Nov 2018
Research article | 02 Nov 2018
Dynamic mercury methylation and demethylation in oligotrophic marine water
Kathleen M. Munson et al.
Total article views: 2,158 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 18 Apr 2018)Views and downloads (calculated since 18 Apr 2018)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 1,905 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,885 with geography defined and 20 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,308 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,306 with geography defined and 2 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 597 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 579 with geography defined and 18 with unknown origin.
26 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Mass-Independent Fractionation of Even and Odd Mercury Isotopes during Atmospheric Mercury Redox Reactions X. Fu et al. 10.1021/acs.est.1c02568
- A Global Model for Methylmercury Formation and Uptake at the Base of Marine Food Webs Y. Zhang et al. 10.1029/2019GB006348
- Mercury Cycling in the North Pacific Subtropical Gyre as Revealed by Mercury Stable Isotope Ratios L. Motta et al. 10.1029/2018GB006057
- Isolation of methylmercury using distillation and anion-exchange chromatography for isotopic analyses in natural matrices T. Rosera et al. 10.1007/s00216-019-02277-0
- Mercury methylation in oxic aquatic macro-environments: a review A. Gallorini & J. Loizeau 10.4081/jlimnol.2021.2007
- Prevalence of Heterotrophic Methylmercury Detoxifying Bacteria across Oceanic Regions I. Sanz-Sáez et al. 10.1021/acs.est.1c05635
- Biotic formation of methylmercury: A bio–physico–chemical conundrum A. Bravo & C. Cosio 10.1002/lno.11366
- Determining seawater mercury methylation and demethylation rates by the seawater incubation approach: A critique K. Wang et al. 10.1016/j.marchem.2020.103753
- Nitrospina-Like Bacteria Are Potential Mercury Methylators in the Mesopelagic Zone in the East China Sea Y. Tada et al. 10.3389/fmicb.2020.01369
- Nitrospina -like Bacteria Are Dominant Potential Mercury Methylators in Both the Oyashio and Kuroshio Regions of the Western North Pacific Y. Tada et al. 10.1128/Spectrum.00833-21
- Characterization of the metalloproteome of Pseudoalteromonas (BB2-AT2): biogeochemical underpinnings for zinc, manganese, cobalt, and nickel cycling in a ubiquitous marine heterotroph M. Mazzotta et al. 10.1093/mtomcs/mfab060
- Formalin-preserved zooplankton are not reliable for historical reconstructions of methylmercury bioaccumulation W. Huffman et al. 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.139803
- Distribution of mercury‐cycling genes in the Arctic and equatorial Pacific Oceans and their relationship to mercury speciation K. Bowman et al. 10.1002/lno.11310
- A global perspective on mercury cycling in the ocean K. Bowman et al. 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.136166
- Trophic resources and mercury exposure of two silvertip shark populations in the Northeast Pacific Ocean G. Le Croizier et al. 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2020.126645
- Biotransformation fate and sustainable mitigation of a potentially toxic element of mercury from environmental matrices P. Duan et al. 10.1016/j.arabjc.2020.06.041
- Mediterranean Mercury Assessment 2022: An Updated Budget, Health Consequences, and Research Perspectives D. Cossa et al. 10.1021/acs.est.1c03044
- Possible pathways for mercury methylation in oxic marine waters K. Wang et al. 10.1080/10643389.2021.2008753
- The role of plastic debris in the biogeochemical cycle of mercury in Lake Erie and San Francisco Bay K. Bowman et al. 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2021.112768
- Sensitive determination of methylmercury δ13C compound specific stable isotopic analysis by purge and trap gas chromatography combustion isotope ratio mass spectrometry S. Queipo-Abad et al. 10.1016/j.chroma.2019.460821
- Mercury isotopes identify near-surface marine mercury in deep-sea trench biota J. Blum et al. 10.1073/pnas.2012773117
- Prenatal Mercury Exposure and Neurodevelopment up to the Age of 5 Years: A Systematic Review K. Dack et al. 10.3390/ijerph19041976
- Methylmercury produced in upper oceans accumulates in deep Mariana Trench fauna R. Sun et al. 10.1038/s41467-020-17045-3
- Speciation and bioavailability of mercury in sediments from Mokolo River, Limpopo Province, South Africa D. Kgabi & A. Ambushe 10.1080/10934529.2021.1949918
- Trends in mercury concentrations and methylation in Minamata Bay, Japan, between 2014 and 2018 A. Matsuyama et al. 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2021.112886
- Demethylation─The Other Side of the Mercury Methylation Coin: A Critical Review T. Barkay & B. Gu 10.1021/acsenvironau.1c00022
Latest update: 27 Jun 2022