19 Jan 2017
Research article | 19 Jan 2017
The fate of fixed nitrogen in marine sediments with low organic loading: an in situ study
Stefano Bonaglia et al.
Total article views: 2,235 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 19 Aug 2016)Views and downloads (calculated since 19 Aug 2016)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,133 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,127 with geography defined and 6 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,754 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,750 with geography defined and 4 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 379 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 377 with geography defined and 2 with unknown origin.
22 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Microbial community composition and functional potential in Bothnian Sea sediments is linked to Fe and S dynamics and the quality of organic matter O. Rasigraf et al. 10.1002/lno.11371
- In situ characterization of benthic fluxes and denitrification efficiency in a newly re-established mussel farm A. Hylén et al. 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2021.146853
- Dissimilatory nitrate reduction to ammonium (DNRA) in traditional municipal wastewater treatment plants in China: Widespread but low contribution S. Wang et al. 10.1016/j.watres.2020.115877
- Low Abundance of Methanotrophs in Sediments of Shallow Boreal Coastal Zones With High Water Methane Concentrations E. Broman et al. 10.3389/fmicb.2020.01536
- Organic carbon recycling in Baltic Sea sediments – An integrated estimate on the system scale based on in situ measurements M. Nilsson et al. 10.1016/j.marchem.2018.11.004
- Copernicus Marine Service Ocean State Report, Issue 5 K. von Schuckmann et al. 10.1080/1755876X.2021.1946240
- Denitrification in an oligotrophic estuary: a delayed sink for riverine nitrate D. Hellemann et al. 10.3354/meps12359
- Denitrification responses to increasing cadmium exposure in Baltic Sea sediments E. Broman et al. 10.1016/j.aquatox.2019.105328
- In situ incubations with the Gothenburg benthic chamber landers: Applications and quality control M. Kononets et al. 10.1016/j.jmarsys.2020.103475
- Particulate organic matter controls benthic microbial N retention and N removal in contrasting estuaries of the Baltic Sea I. Bartl et al. 10.5194/bg-16-3543-2019
- Nitrogen in the Baltic Sea: Long-term trends, a budget and decadal time lags in responses to declining inputs C. Lønborg & S. Markager 10.1016/j.ecss.2021.107529
- Response of benthic nitrogen cycling to estuarine hypoxia G. Song et al. 10.1002/lno.11630
- Nitrate respiration and diel migration patterns of diatoms are linked in sediments underneath a microbial mat E. Merz et al. 10.1111/1462-2920.15345
- Removal of phosphorus and nitrogen in sediments of the eutrophic Stockholm archipelago, Baltic Sea N. van Helmond et al. 10.5194/bg-17-2745-2020
- Application of the isotope pairing technique in sediments: Use, challenges, and new directions E. Robertson et al. 10.1002/lom3.10303
- Organic matter degradation state affects dissimilatory nitrate reduction processes in Knysna estuarine sediment, South Africa Y. Chang et al. 10.1007/s11368-021-02925-y
- Benthic nitrogen cycling in the North Sea A. Rosales Villa et al. 10.1016/j.csr.2018.05.005
- Blooms of diatom and dinoflagellate associated with nutrient imbalance driven by cycling of nitrogen and phosphorus in anaerobic sediments in Johor Strait (Malaysia) X. Chai et al. 10.1016/j.marenvres.2021.105398
- Seasonal cycle of benthic denitrification and DNRA in the aphotic coastal zone, northern Baltic Sea D. Hellemann et al. 10.3354/meps13259
- Enhanced benthic nitrous oxide and ammonium production after natural oxygenation of long‐term anoxic sediments A. Hylén et al. 10.1002/lno.12001
- Influence of settling organic matter quantity and quality on benthic nitrogen cycling S. Albert et al. 10.1002/lno.11730
- Metagenomic potential for and diversity of N-cycle driving microorganisms in the Bothnian Sea sediment O. Rasigraf et al. 10.1002/mbo3.475
Latest update: 08 Aug 2022