Water availability limits tree productivity, carbon stocks, and carbon residence time in mature forests across the western US
Logan T. Berner et al.
Total article views: 1,850 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 05 Oct 2016)Views and downloads (calculated since 05 Oct 2016)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 1,787 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,777 with geography defined and 10 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,479 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,469 with geography defined and 10 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 308 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 308 with geography defined and 0 with unknown origin.
25 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Contrasting Growth Response of Jack Pine and Trembling Aspen to Climate Warming in Quebec Mixedwoods Forests of Eastern Canada Since the Early Twentieth Century E. Boakye et al. 10.1029/2020JG005873
- Traditional dry soil layer index method overestimates soil desiccation severity following conversion of cropland into forest and grassland on China’s Loess Plateau X. Jia et al. 10.1016/j.agee.2019.106794
- Information Needs of Next-Generation Forest Carbon Models: Opportunities for Remote Sensing Science C. Boisvenue & J. White 10.3390/rs11040463
- Medium‐term effects of active management on the structure of mature Douglas‐fir ( Pseudotsuga menziesii ) stands N. Williams & M. Powers 10.1002/ecs2.2830
- Pervasive decreases in living vegetation carbon turnover time across forest climate zones K. Yu et al. 10.1073/pnas.1821387116
- Tree mortality from fires, bark beetles, and timber harvest during a hot and dry decade in the western United States (2003–2012) L. Berner et al. 10.1088/1748-9326/aa6f94
- Forests of the future: Climate change impacts and implications for carbon storage in the Pacific Northwest, USA M. Case et al. 10.1016/j.foreco.2020.118886
- Effects of partial organic fertilizer replacement combined with rainwater collection system on soil water, nitrate-nitrogen and apple yield of rainfed apple orchard in the Loess Plateau of China: A 3-year field experiment B. Zhang et al. 10.1016/j.agwat.2021.107295
- Inter-annual growth response of three Miombo tree species to climatic effects F. Munalula et al. 10.2989/20702620.2020.1814111
- Seasonal variability of forest sensitivity to heat and drought stresses: A synthesis based on carbon fluxes from North American forest ecosystems B. Xu et al. 10.1111/gcb.14843
- Effects of mixing tree species and water availability on soil organic carbon stocks are depth dependent in a temperate podzol N. Fanin et al. 10.1111/ejss.13133
- Assessing the Role of Snow Cover for Post‐Wildfire Revegetation Across the Pacific Northwest A. Wilson et al. 10.1029/2021JG006465
- Spatial variation of carbon turnover time and carbon uptake in a Chinese desert steppe ecosystem B. Yang et al. 10.1016/j.ecolind.2020.106120
- Identification of Source‐Water Oxygen Isotopes in Trees Toolkit (ISO‐Tool) for Deciphering Historical Water Use by Forest Trees C. Sargeant et al. 10.1029/2018WR024519
- The Adaptive Geometry of Trees Revisited T. Givnish 10.1086/708498
- Carbon sequestration and biodiversity co‐benefits of preserving forests in the western United States P. Buotte et al. 10.1002/eap.2039
- Beneficial effects of climate warming on boreal tree growth may be transitory L. D’Orangeville et al. 10.1038/s41467-018-05705-4
- Near‐future forest vulnerability to drought and fire varies across the western United States P. Buotte et al. 10.1111/gcb.14490
- Can land degradation drive differences in the C exchange of two similar semiarid ecosystems? A. López-Ballesteros et al. 10.5194/bg-15-263-2018
- Large Trees Dominate Carbon Storage in Forests East of the Cascade Crest in the United States Pacific Northwest D. Mildrexler et al. 10.3389/ffgc.2020.594274
- Variability in growth-determining hydraulic wood and leaf traits in Melia dubia across a steep water availability gradient in southern India M. Ramesha et al. 10.1016/j.foreco.2021.119875
- Improving CLM5.0 Biomass and Carbon Exchange Across the Western United States Using a Data Assimilation System B. Raczka et al. 10.1029/2020MS002421
- Old forests and old carbon: A case study on the stand dynamics and longevity of aboveground carbon D. Martin-Benito et al. 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.142737
- Carbon storage implications of active management in mature Pseudotsuga menziesii forests of western Oregon N. Williams & M. Powers 10.1016/j.foreco.2018.10.002
- Satellite-derived foresummer drought sensitivity of plant productivity in Rocky Mountain headwater catchments: spatial heterogeneity and geological-geomorphological control H. Wainwright et al. 10.1088/1748-9326/ab8fd0
Latest update: 07 Dec 2021