15 Jun 2018
Research article | 15 Jun 2018
Seasonal patterns in phytoplankton biomass across the northern and deep Gulf of Mexico: a numerical model study
Fabian A. Gomez et al.
Total article views: 2,612 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 24 Nov 2017)Views and downloads (calculated since 24 Nov 2017)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,427 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,421 with geography defined and 6 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,808 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,803 with geography defined and 5 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 619 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 618 with geography defined and 1 with unknown origin.
20 citations as recorded by crossref.
- ENSO-induced co-variability of Salinity, Plankton Biomass and Coastal Currents in the Northern Gulf of Mexico F. Gomez et al. 10.1038/s41598-018-36655-y
- Pico‐ and nanoplankton communities on a near to offshore transect along the continental shelf of the northwestern Gulf of Mexico in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey G. Kurtay et al. 10.1002/lno.11788
- Plankton food webs in the oligotrophic Gulf of Mexico spawning grounds of Atlantic bluefin tuna M. Stukel et al. 10.1093/plankt/fbab023
- Spatio-temporal variability of oceanographic conditions in the Exclusive Economic Zone of Cuba D. Avila-Alonso et al. 10.1016/j.jmarsys.2020.103416
- Drivers of the spatial phytoplankton gradient in estuarine–coastal systems: generic implications of a case study in a Dutch tidal bay L. Jiang et al. 10.5194/bg-17-4135-2020
- Seasonal Upper Shelf Circulation Along the Central Western Gulf of Mexico: A Preferential Upcoast Flow Reinforced by the Recurrent Arrival of Loop Current Eddies F. Gómez‐Valdivia & A. Parés‐Sierra 10.1029/2019JC015596
- Quantifying spatiotemporal variability in zooplankton dynamics in the Gulf of Mexico with a physical–biogeochemical model T. Shropshire et al. 10.5194/bg-17-3385-2020
- Assessing the value of biogeochemical Argo profiles versus ocean color observations for biogeochemical model optimization in the Gulf of Mexico B. Wang et al. 10.5194/bg-17-4059-2020
- Taxon-specific phytoplankton growth, nutrient utilization and light limitation in the oligotrophic Gulf of Mexico N. Yingling et al. 10.1093/plankt/fbab028
- Seasonal patterns of surface inorganic carbon system variables in the Gulf of Mexico inferred from a regional high-resolution ocean biogeochemical model F. Gomez et al. 10.5194/bg-17-1685-2020
- A Synthesis of Deepwater Horizon Impacts on Coastal and Nearshore Living Marine Resources S. Murawski et al. 10.3389/fmars.2020.594862
- Increasing River Alkalinity Slows Ocean Acidification in the Northern Gulf of Mexico F. Gomez et al. 10.1029/2021GL096521
- Lateral advection supports nitrogen export in the oligotrophic open-ocean Gulf of Mexico T. Kelly et al. 10.1038/s41467-021-23678-9
- The Globalization of Cultural Eutrophication in the Coastal Ocean: Causes and Consequences T. Malone & A. Newton 10.3389/fmars.2020.00670
- Investigating equations for measuring dissolved inorganic nutrient uptake in oligotrophic conditions M. Stukel 10.1002/lom3.10392
- The role of sediment-induced light attenuation on primary production during Hurricane Gustav (2008) Z. Zang et al. 10.5194/bg-17-5043-2020
- Quantifying the Relative Importance of Riverine and Open‐Ocean Nitrogen Sources for Hypoxia Formation in the Northern Gulf of Mexico F. Große et al. 10.1029/2019JC015230
- Phytoplankton community composition and biomass in the oligotrophic Gulf of Mexico K. E Selph et al. 10.1093/plankt/fbab006
- Biogeographical trends in phytoplankton community size structure using adaptive sentinel 3-OLCI chlorophyll a and spectral empirical orthogonal functions in the estuarine-shelf waters of the northern Gulf of Mexico B. Liu et al. 10.1016/j.rse.2020.112154
- Sinking carbon, nitrogen, and pigment flux within and beneath the euphotic zone in the oligotrophic, open-ocean Gulf of Mexico M. Stukel et al. 10.1093/plankt/fbab001
Latest update: 08 Aug 2022