A 1500-year multiproxy record of coastal hypoxia from the northern Baltic Sea indicates unprecedented deoxygenation over the 20th century
Sami A. Jokinen et al.
Total article views: 6,887 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 16 Jan 2018)Views and downloads (calculated since 16 Jan 2018)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 6,156 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 6,067 with geography defined and 89 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 5,511 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 5,425 with geography defined and 86 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 645 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 642 with geography defined and 3 with unknown origin.
17 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Low sediment redox promotes cyanobacteria blooms across a trophic range: implications for management L. Molot et al. 10.1080/10402381.2020.1854400
- Terrestrial organic matter input drives sedimentary trace metal sequestration in a human-impacted boreal estuary S. Jokinen et al. 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.137047
- Medieval versus recent environmental conditions in the Baltic Proper, what was different a thousand years ago? E. Andrén et al. 10.1016/j.palaeo.2020.109878
- Recovery from multi‐millennial natural coastal hypoxia in the Stockholm Archipelago, Baltic Sea, terminated by modern human activity N. Helmond et al. 10.1002/lno.11575
- Fine-scale metabolic discontinuity in a stratified prokaryote microbiome of a Red Sea deep halocline G. Michoud et al. 10.1038/s41396-021-00931-z
- Baltic Sea Coastal Eutrophication in a Thousand Year Perspective L. Norbäck Ivarsson et al. 10.3389/fenvs.2019.00088
- Effects of hypoxia and reoxygenation on intermediary metabolite homeostasis of marine bivalves Mytilus edulis and Crassostrea gigas F. Haider et al. 10.1016/j.cbpa.2020.110657
- Ecological regime shift preserved in the Anthropocene stratigraphic record A. Tomašových et al. 10.1098/rspb.2020.0695
- The Globalization of Cultural Eutrophication in the Coastal Ocean: Causes and Consequences T. Malone & A. Newton 10.3389/fmars.2020.00670
- Legacy Effects of Eutrophication on Modern Methane Dynamics in a Boreal Estuary J. Myllykangas et al. 10.1007/s12237-019-00677-0
- Ecosystem-Scale Oxygen Manipulations Alter Terminal Electron Acceptor Pathways in a Eutrophic Reservoir R. McClure et al. 10.1007/s10021-020-00582-9
- Barriers and Bridges in Abating Coastal Eutrophication D. Boesch 10.3389/fmars.2019.00123
- Hypoxia in the Holocene Baltic Sea: Comparing modern versus past intervals using sedimentary trace metals N. van Helmond et al. 10.1016/j.chemgeo.2018.06.028
- Research progress on ecological models in the field of water eutrophication: CiteSpace analysis based on data from the ISI web of science database W. Hu et al. 10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2019.108779
- Identifying areas prone to coastal hypoxia – the role of topography E. Virtanen et al. 10.5194/bg-16-3183-2019
- Enrichment of trace metals from acid sulfate soils in sediments of the Kvarken Archipelago, eastern Gulf of Bothnia, Baltic Sea J. Virtasalo et al. 10.5194/bg-17-6097-2020
- Middle to Late Holocene Variations in Salinity and Primary Productivity in the Central Baltic Sea: A Multiproxy Study From the Landsort Deep F. van Wirdum et al. 10.3389/fmars.2019.00051
Discussed (final revised paper)
Latest update: 12 Jun 2021