Quantitative mapping and predictive modeling of Mn nodules' distribution from hydroacoustic and optical AUV data linked by random forests machine learning
Iason-Zois Gazis et al.
Total article views: 2,525 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 03 Aug 2018)Views and downloads (calculated since 03 Aug 2018)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,057 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,046 with geography defined and 11 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,491 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,483 with geography defined and 8 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 566 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 563 with geography defined and 3 with unknown origin.
19 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Subtidal Natural Hard Substrate Quantitative Habitat Mapping: Interlinking Underwater Acoustics and Optical Imagery with Machine Learning G. Montereale Gavazzi et al. 10.3390/rs13224608
- A possible link between seamount sector collapse and manganese nodule occurrence in the abyssal plains, NW Pacific Ocean Z. Li et al. 10.1016/j.oregeorev.2021.104378
- Quantitative Expression of the Burial Phenomenon of Deep Seafloor Manganese Nodules A. Tsune 10.3390/min11020227
- Using the random forest algorithm to integrate hydroacoustic data with satellite images to improve the mapping of shallow nearshore benthic features in a marine protected area in Jamaica K. McLaren et al. 10.1080/15481603.2019.1613803
- Environmental predictors of deep-sea polymetallic nodule occurrence in the global ocean A. Dutkiewicz et al. 10.1130/G46836.1
- Ecology of a polymetallic nodule occurrence gradient: Implications for deep‐sea mining E. Simon‐Lledó et al. 10.1002/lno.11157
- Aspects of Estimation and Reporting of Mineral Resources of Seabed Polymetallic Nodules: A Contemporaneous Case Study J. Parianos et al. 10.3390/min11020200
- Linkages between sediment thickness, geomorphology and Mn nodule occurrence: New evidence from AUV geophysical mapping in the Clarion-Clipperton Zone E. Alevizos et al. 10.1016/j.dsr.2021.103645
- Research on the transportation and flow characteristics of deep-sea ore transportation equipment W. Chen et al. 10.1016/j.apor.2021.102765
- Estimation Accuracy and Classification of Polymetallic Nodule Resources Based on Classical Sampling Supported by Seafloor Photography (Pacific Ocean, Clarion-Clipperton Fracture Zone, IOM Area) J. Mucha & M. Wasilewska-Błaszczyk 10.3390/min10030263
- Extensive Coverage of Marine Mineral Concretions Revealed in Shallow Shelf Sea Areas L. Kaikkonen et al. 10.3389/fmars.2019.00541
- Application of Soft Data in Nodule Resource Estimation S. Ellefmo & T. Kuhn 10.1007/s11053-020-09777-2
- The application of fully unmanned robotic systems for inspection of subsea pipelines A. Rumson 10.1016/j.oceaneng.2021.109214
- Possibilities and Limitations of the Use of Seafloor Photographs for Estimating Polymetallic Nodule Resources—Case Study from IOM Area, Pacific Ocean M. Wasilewska-Błaszczyk & J. Mucha 10.3390/min10121123
- Environment, ecology, and potential effectiveness of an area protected from deep-sea mining (Clarion Clipperton Zone, abyssal Pacific) D. Jones et al. 10.1016/j.pocean.2021.102653
- Deep-ocean polymetallic nodules as a resource for critical materials J. Hein et al. 10.1038/s43017-020-0027-0
- Importance of Spatial Autocorrelation in Machine Learning Modeling of Polymetallic Nodules, Model Uncertainty and Transferability at Local Scale I. Gazis & J. Greinert 10.3390/min11111172
- Using multibeam backscatter strength to analyze the distribution of manganese nodules: A case study of seamounts in the Western Pacific Ocean M. Wang et al. 10.1016/j.apacoust.2020.107729
- Acoustic Seafloor Classification Using the Weyl Transform of Multibeam Echosounder Backscatter Mosaic T. Zhao et al. 10.3390/rs13091760
Latest update: 05 Dec 2021