Ideas and perspectives: is shale gas a major driver of recent increase in global atmospheric methane?
Robert W. Howarth
Total article views: 33,062 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 23 Apr 2019)Views and downloads (calculated since 23 Apr 2019)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 27,623 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 27,399 with geography defined and 224 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 26,592 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 26,375 with geography defined and 217 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,031 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,024 with geography defined and 7 with unknown origin.
26 citations as recorded by crossref.
- New Mexico Permian Basin Measured Well Pad Methane Emissions Are a Factor of 5–9 Times Higher Than U.S. EPA Estimates A. Robertson et al. 10.1021/acs.est.0c02927
- Novel laboratory investigation of huff-n-puff gas injection for shale oils under realistic reservoir conditions P. Mahzari et al. 10.1016/j.fuel.2020.118950
- Hydrophobic functionalization of HY zeolites for efficient conversion of glycerol to solketal M. Rahaman et al. 10.1016/j.apcata.2019.117369
- Hindcasting and forecasting of regional methane from coal mine emissions in the Upper Silesian Coal Basin using the online nested global regional chemistry–climate model MECO(n) (MESSy v2.53) A. Nickl et al. 10.5194/gmd-13-1925-2020
- Commentary: Epidemiology, economics and the path to clean energy P. Landrigan & A. Bernstein 10.1093/ije/dyaa224
- A Structured Approach for the Mitigation of Natural Methane Emissions—Lessons Learned from Anthropogenic Emissions J. Johannisson & M. Hiete 10.3390/c6020024
- Geochemistry of shale gases from around the world: Composition, origins, isotope reversals and rollovers, and implications for the exploration of shale plays A. Milkov et al. 10.1016/j.orggeochem.2020.103997
- The role of gases in the European energy transition J. Stern 10.32609/j.ruje.6.55105
- Using global isotopic data to constrain the role of shale gas production in recent increases in atmospheric methane A. Milkov et al. 10.1038/s41598-020-61035-w
- Methane flux from flowback operations at a shale gas site J. Shaw et al. 10.1080/10962247.2020.1811800
- Petro-riskscapes and environmental distress in West Texas: Community perceptions of environmental degradation, threats, and loss H. Elser et al. 10.1016/j.erss.2020.101798
- Improving Health Risk Assessment as a Basis for Public Health Decisions in the 21st Century E. Anderson et al. 10.1111/risa.13617
- Ensemble-based satellite-derived carbon dioxide and methane column-averaged dry-air mole fraction data sets (2003–2018) for carbon and climate applications M. Reuter et al. 10.5194/amt-13-789-2020
- Hydrogen and hydrogen-derived fuels through methane decomposition of natural gas – GHG emissions and costs S. Timmerberg et al. 10.1016/j.ecmx.2020.100043
- Greenhouse gas observation network design for Africa A. Nickless et al. 10.1080/16000889.2020.1824486
- In Vitro Evaluation of Different Dietary Methane Mitigation Strategies J. Chagas et al. 10.3390/ani9121120
- Understanding nighttime methane signals at the Amazon Tall Tower Observatory (ATTO) S. Botía et al. 10.5194/acp-20-6583-2020
- Intermediate-Scale Laboratory Investigation of Stray Gas Migration Impacts: Transient Gas Flow and Surface Expression C. Van De Ven & K. Mumford 10.1021/acs.est.0c03530
- The False Promise of Natural Gas P. Landrigan et al. 10.1056/NEJMp1913663
- Capitalism and Earth System Governance: An Ecological Marxist Approach M. Albert 10.1162/glep_a_00546
- Quantifying the impact of aerosol scattering on the retrieval of methane from airborne remote sensing measurements Y. Huang et al. 10.5194/amt-13-6755-2020
- Public opposition to shale gas extraction in Algeria: Potential application of France's ‘Duty of Care Act’ M. Aczel 10.1016/j.exis.2020.09.003
- Methane emissions from fossil fuels: exploring recent changes in greenhouse-gas reporting requirements for the State of New York R. Howarth 10.1080/1943815X.2020.1789666
- The Global Methane Budget 2000–2017 M. Saunois et al. 10.5194/essd-12-1561-2020
- Impact of U.S. Oil and Natural Gas Emission Increases on Surface Ozone Is Most Pronounced in the Central United States A. Pozzer et al. 10.1021/acs.est.9b06983
- The health and climate impacts of carbon capture and direct air capture M. Jacobson 10.1039/C9EE02709B
Discussed (final revised paper)
Latest update: 20 Apr 2021