Comparison of CO2 and O2 fluxes demonstrate retention of respired CO2 in tree stems from a range of tree species
Total article views: 2,806 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 25 Jun 2018)Views and downloads (calculated since 25 Jun 2018)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,806 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,495 with geography defined and 311 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,967 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,719 with geography defined and 248 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 839 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 776 with geography defined and 63 with unknown origin.
18 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Mechanistic drivers of stem respiration: A modelling exercise across species and seasons R. Salomón et al. 10.1111/pce.14246
- Vertical Strata and Stem Carbon Dioxide Efflux in Cycas Trees T. Marler & M. Krishnapillai 10.3390/plants9020230
- Efflux and assimilation of xylem‐transported CO2 in stems and leaves of tree species with different wood anatomy R. Salomón et al. 10.1111/pce.14062
- Woody tissue photosynthesis reduces stem CO2 efflux by half and remains unaffected by drought stress in young Populus tremula trees L. De Roo et al. 10.1111/pce.13711
- Toward a general theory of plant carbon economics M. Castorena et al. 10.1016/j.tree.2022.05.007
- It's only natural: Plant respiration in unmanaged systems S. Schmiege et al. 10.1093/plphys/kiad167
- The Apparent Respiratory Quotient of Soils and Tree Stems and the Processes That Control It B. Hilman et al. 10.1029/2021JG006676
- Frost and drought: Effects of extreme weather events on stem carbon dynamics in a Mediterranean beech forest E. D'Andrea et al. 10.1111/pce.13858
- Carbon allocation and tree diversity: shifts in autotrophic respiration in tree mixtures compared to monocultures N. Kunert et al. 10.1007/s11756-022-01141-4
- Limited vertical CO2 transport in stems of mature boreal Pinus sylvestris trees L. Tarvainen et al. 10.1093/treephys/tpaa113
- The size and the age of the metabolically active carbon in tree roots B. Hilman et al. 10.1111/pce.14124
- Differences between tree stem CO2 efflux and O2 influx rates cannot be explained by internal CO2 transport or storage in large beech trees J. Helm et al. 10.1111/pce.14614
- Stem Carbon Dioxide Efflux of Lignophytes Exceeds That of Cycads and Arborescent Monocots T. Marler 10.3390/agronomy12010159
- Low-cost chamber design for simultaneous CO2 and O2 flux measurements between tree stems and the atmosphere J. Helm et al. 10.1093/treephys/tpab022
- Axial diffusion of respired CO2 confounds stem respiration estimates during the dormant season L. De Roo et al. 10.1007/s13595-019-0839-6
- Seasonal fluctuation of nonstructural carbohydrates reveals the metabolic availability of stemwood reserves in temperate trees with contrasting wood anatomy M. Furze et al. 10.1093/treephys/tpaa080
- Studying in vivo dynamics of xylem-transported 11CO2 using positron emission tomography J. Mincke et al. 10.1093/treephys/tpaa048
- Discrimination in Tree Stems O2 Uptake and the Dole Effect B. Hilman & A. Angert 10.1029/2018GB005918
Discussed (final revised paper)
Latest update: 28 Sep 2023