22 Jun 2018
Research article | 22 Jun 2018
Fungal loop transfer of nitrogen depends on biocrust constituents and nitrogen form
Zachary T. Aanderud et al.
Total article views: 2,117 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 20 Nov 2017)Views and downloads (calculated since 20 Nov 2017)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,117 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,961 with geography defined and 156 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,622 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,481 with geography defined and 141 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 495 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 480 with geography defined and 15 with unknown origin.
12 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Soil Microbiomes Under Climate Change and Implications for Carbon Cycling D. Naylor et al. 10.1146/annurev-environ-012320-082720
- Rainfall pulses increased short-term biocrust chlorophyll but not fungal abundance or N availability in a long-term dryland rainfall manipulation experiment J. Kwiecinski et al. 10.1016/j.soilbio.2019.107693
- Desiccation and rehydration of mosses greatly increases resource fluxes that alter soil carbon and nitrogen cycling M. Slate et al. 10.1111/1365-2745.13162
- Biocrusts are associated with increased plant biomass and nutrition at seedling stage independently of root-associated fungal colonization C. Havrilla et al. 10.1007/s11104-019-04306-4
- Biological soil crusts structure the subsurface microbiome in a sandy agroecosystem C. Nevins et al. 10.1007/s11104-021-04868-2
- Biological soil crusts enhance moisture and nutrients in the upper rooting zone of sandy soil agroecosystems C. Nevins et al. 10.1002/jpln.202000218
- Seasonal variation and potential roles of dark septate fungi in an arid grassland C. Ndinga-Muniania et al. 10.1080/00275514.2021.1965852
- Seasonality drives microbiome composition and nitrogen cycling in soil below biocrusts C. Nevins et al. 10.1016/j.soilbio.2022.108551
- Design Optimization of Biocrust-Plant Spatial Configuration for Dry Ecosystem Restoration Using Water Redistribution and Erosion Models L. Maggioli et al. 10.3389/fevo.2022.765148
- The Burning of Biocrusts Facilitates the Emergence of a Bare Soil Community of Poorly-Connected Chemoheterotrophic Bacteria With Depressed Ecosystem Services Z. Aanderud et al. 10.3389/fevo.2019.00467
- Evidence for a fungal loop in shrublands N. Carvajal Janke et al. 10.1111/1365-2745.13610
- A Comprehensive Network Integrating Signature Microbes and Crucial Soil Properties During Early Biological Soil Crust Formation on Tropical Reef Islands L. Wang et al. 10.3389/fmicb.2022.831710
Latest update: 02 Feb 2023